Recipe for: Steak and Eggs with Charred Onions and Chimichurri
|1||2-lb. skirt steak|
|4||eggs, sunny-side up|
|Spanish onions, charred|
|For the chimichurri:|
|1 cup||parsley leaves, chopped|
|1 cup||cilantro leaves, chopped|
|3 Tbsp||garlic, microplaned or sliced|
|½ tsp||chili flakes, ground|
|¼ tsp||cumin, ground|
|¼ cup||shallots, pickled|
|1 cup||olive oil|
|ground black pepper, to taste|
|fleur de sel, to taste|
1. Season steak generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat grill to medium, and grill steaks for five minutes on each side (or to medium-rare doneness). When done, allow to rest on cutting board.
3. Fry eggs. Char onions on grill or in stove.
4. In food processor, combine all chimichurri ingredients except olive oil. Blend, streaming in olive oil, until well-combined.
5. Slice steak against grain. Distribute onto four plates, and top with chimichurri and a fried egg.