Recipe for: Mom's Lemon Bars
|For the crust:|
|8 oz.||butter, room temp|
|½ cup||powdered sugar|
|For the filling:|
|2 cups||white sugar|
|⅓ cup||lemon juice|
|1 tsp||lemon zest|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract or the scrapings of a vanilla bean|
|½ tsp||baking powder|
|powdered sugar for dusting|
|rosemary for garnish|
1. Pre Heat oven to 350F.
2. For the crust, work together the flour, butter, and powdered sugar until it forms a dough. Spread it on the bottom of a greased 9×13″ baking dish (preferably a glass dish) and pat down so it’s evenly distributed.
3. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden brown, and set aside.
4. For the filling, whisk together the eggs and sugar until fully combined and a pale yellow hue.
5. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) and whisk until just combined.
6. Pour over the still hot crust and bake at 350F for 20 minutes. If you baked the crust ahead of time, and it has cooled, bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
7. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Garnish with little sprigs of rosemary if you like. Enjoy!
About The Chef
Claire Thomas is the creator behind The Kitchy Kitchen, a drool-inducing food blog and cookbook. Aside from photographing and sharing her delicious kitchen creations, Claire dishes out cooking tips on her YouTube channel. And she doesn't stop there... Claire has hosted two seasons of the ABC series Food for Thought and has directed and styled commercials for some of the nation's top food brands.