Recipe for: Lavender Honey Lollipops
|1 tsp||culinary lavender, crushed|
|gold leaf (optional)|
1. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the sugar, honey, lavender, and a quarter-cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Attach a candy thermometer to the interior of the saucepan.
3. Increase the heat to medium-high to bring the mix to a boil, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Using a small pastry brush dipped in water, wash down the sides of the saucepan to prevent crystals from forming.
4. Boil the mixture for five to seven minutes until it reaches 310ºF (hard-crack stage) on the candy thermometer.
5. Working quickly, strain the syrup onto the cookie sheets to form circles two to three inches in diameter. Immediately press in the lollipop sticks, and sprinkle the lollipops with your sprinkles or candy, lightly pressing the garnishes into the syrup. Let cool completely until fully hardened, then carefully peel the lollipops off the baking sheet. Wrap in wax paper, and enjoy!
About The Chef
Claire Thomas is the creator behind The Kitchy Kitchen, a drool-inducing food blog and cookbook. Aside from photographing and sharing her delicious kitchen creations, Claire dishes out cooking tips on her YouTube channel. And she doesn't stop there... Claire has hosted two seasons of the ABC series Food for Thought and has directed and styled commercials for some of the nation's top food brands.