Recipe for: Juicy Beef & Bacon Burgers with Grilled Sweet Potatoes
|For the Burgers:|
|1¼ pounds||80/20 ground beef|
|1 Tbs||Worchester sauce|
|salt & pepper|
|½ pound||sliced American cheese|
|1||yellow onion, sliced|
|2 Tbs||butter, plus more for spreading on buns|
|For the Potatoes:|
|1½ pounds||sweet potatoes pealed and sliced about ¼ inch thick|
|3-4 Tbs||olive oil|
|red pepper flakes|
|kosher salt & pepper|
1. Light a grill on medium heat. Mix the ground beef, ground bacon, Worchester sauce, sahllot and salt and pepper together with your hands and then form into 4 patties.
2. Slice and butter each inside of the hamburger buns. Toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil pepper flakes and salt and pepper
3. Place the sweet potatoes on the grill. Cook about 10 minutes on each side nicely browning each side.
4. Heat a medium skillet on the stove and melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the onions and stir every few minutes until caramelized and nicely browned. About 10 minutes. Once onions are in the skillet add the burgers to the grill and cook 5 minutes to a side. Watch for flames on the grill and lower the heat if necessary. After 5 minutes flip the burgers and add the American cheese to the top of the burgers. Add the buns to the grill butter side down. Grill the buns until nicely browned on the inside. Remove the buns from the grill and place the burgers on top of the buns.
5. Add onions and mayonnaise to the burgers, serve with sweet potatoes.
*Have your butcher blend 95% 80/20 beef with 5% ground bacon.