Recipe for: French-Inspired Cheese Fondue
|For the fondue:|
|1||clove garlic, halved|
|8 oz.||Emmentalr, cubed|
|8 oz.||Gruyère, cubed|
|8 oz.||dry white wine|
|1 Tbsp||Kirschwasser (cherry brandy)|
|½ tsp||Dijon mustard|
|For the dippers:|
|½ loaf||pumpernickel, cubed|
|½||French baguette, cubed|
|1 bunch||broccolini, cut into bite-size chunks|
|½ lb.||organic whole cherry tomatoes|
|1 bunch||organic carrots, cut into 1-inch bites|
|2||Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into segments or cubes|
1. Cube bread. Wash and cut broccoli and carrots. Wash cherry tomatoes. Cut and core apples.
2. Put all cheese cubes in large bowl, and coat with cornstarch. Make sure every cube is covered.
3. Take halved garlic clove, and rub cut ends all over inside of fondue pot (or nonstick pot on stovetop). Squeeze clove as you go to get all the juices onto the inside of the pot.
4. Pour wine into pot over medium-low heat. Squeeze in juice of half a lemon.
5. When wine-lemon mixture begins to simmer, slowly add cheese cubes (about a quarter at a time). Stir constantly until cheese is 100% melted and smooth (don’t stop stirring during this part!).
6. Once cheese is smooth and melted, add Kirschwasser. Continue stirring until fully incorporated.
7. Add Dijon and nutmeg. Continue stirring.
8. Dip bread and veggies into cheese. Enjoy!