Recipe for: Coffee Rubbed Ribeye with Pepper & Maple Bourbon Cream Sauce
|For the rib-eye:|
|4 oz||coffee (the sweeter the better)|
|salt & pepper, to taste|
|1 Tbs||coconut oil|
|For the vegetables:|
|3||medium sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced into 1' rings|
|3 bunches||green beans|
|4 Tbs||coconut oil|
|For the sauce:|
|2 Tbs||maple syrup|
|2 Tbs||bourbon (any will do)|
1. On a roasting tray, toss rosemary, coconut oil, salt, pepper, and small "coined" sweet potatoes with green beans. Place into oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (depending on oven) or until lightly browned around the edges, and soft to the touch.
2. Pat dry steaks and season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 5 min to let the salt mineral infuse into the protein.
3. Rub coffee onto steak, be liberal with it!
4. Heat coconut oil in a large pan over high heat. When the oil JUST begins to smoke, add steaks, one at a time, in quick intervals to sear both sides. We are just looking for a golden, brown color. We are not cooking the steaks on the stovetop, just adding color, texture and flavor.
5. After you have achieved a beautiful, golden, brown color on both sides, toss the steaks (in the pan) in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 min depending on oven (medium temperature).
6. Take steaks out of oven and let rest for 2-3 min, for the juices to set in.
7. Remove steaks from pan + increase to high heat (with leftover juice) and toss the bourbon in to deglaze. When you start to get a syrupy consistency, add black peppercorns, cream and butter. Reduce.
8. Place steak on top of the sweet potato "coins" and green beans, and drizzle sauce oh so slowly (for effect) over your
This wine pairing recipe was provided by Kitchensurfing. They make hosting easy by bringing talented, local chefs to your home. Your chef sources all ingredients, cooks, serves, and cleans up your kitchen, leaving you more time to spend with your guests, friends, and family. It’s hosting, without the hard parts, at a very accessible price.
On Kitchensurfing.com, you’ll find seasonal menus from a wide variety of cuisines, creative menus designed to accommodate allergy and dietary needs, and hand-picked collections of the best menus for special occasions.
About The Chef:
Rick Paniagua’s food is influenced by his travels, and the many world cuisines he has encountered along the way. From Mediterranean to Middle Eastern, Latin American, and Asian cuisines, Paniagua shares his story through food with a keen eye for heat and umami flavors.