Recipe for: Celebration Cupcakes
|1 cup||Sugar (granulated)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|2 ½ cups||Four|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|1/2 tsp||Baking soda|
|1/3 cup||Rainbow sprinkles|
|3 cups||Confectioner's Sugar|
|3 Tbsp||Pastel sprinkles|
1. Preheat oven to 350°FLine up 24 cupcake cups on a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Let the butter (for frosting) come to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter (for cupcakes) and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Stir in half of the vanilla extract (you'll use the rest for the frosting in step 4).
3. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in three additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Once the batter is smooth, fold in the rainbow sprinkles and mix until *just* incorporated.
4. Fill the cupcake cups 2/3 full. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let the cupcakes cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack. (Frosting will melt if cupcakes are not completely cooled!)
5. Sift the confectioner’s sugar over a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter (for frosting) in a medium bowl until it starts to look pale, then slowly and the confectioner’s sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
6. Frost cooled cupcakes using piping bag provided. To fill the bag, fold over the top to form a cuff, scoop in frosting, then unfold and twist to push frosting down, releasing any air bubbles. Follow a circular motion by starting from the outside and working inwards with frosting. Decorate with pastel sprinkles and CELEBRATE