Recipe for: Chocolate-Dipped Pistachio Cookies
|5 Tbsp||cold butter, cubed|
|1 package||Foodstirs Sugar Cookie Mix|
|½ cup||pistachios, crushed|
|1 cup||dark chocolate chips|
1. Beat butter in large bowl until creamy. Add egg white; continue blending. Add dry sugar cookie mix, and mix with hands or mixer until dough is formed.
2. Place pistachios in Ziploc bag, removing air before sealing. Roll over bag with rolling pin to crush the nuts. Add third-cup of pistachios to dough; use hands to knead until fully incorporated. Reserve remaining nuts for topping.
3. Gather dough into ball. Flatten into square shape. Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for 20 minutes or until dough is firm. While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350°F.
4. Remove dough from freezer. Lightly flour countertop and rolling pin. Roll out dough until it’s approximately an eighth-inch- to a quarter-inch-thick.
5. Use pizza cutter to cut dough into two-and-a-half-inch squares until you have about 20 cookies. Place squares on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
6. Once cookies have cooled, microwave chocolate in 10-second increments until fully melted. Dip cookies into melted chocolate; place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining crushed pistachios before chocolate hardens.
About The Chef
Foodstirs was founded with the mission to help create memorable experiences through baking. This experience should never result in a tradeoff of quality for taste. Foodstirs offers clean and green products made up of non-gmo and organic ingredients that also taste delicious.